Follow Jesus By Helping Others Follow Jesus
We believe that part of following Jesus means helpings others follow Jesus as well. Mentoring is about being available for someone and walking alongside them on the road of life. It is a willingness to listen, pray, and help someone to grow in their relationship with God. Through our Mentor Workshops, we equip volunteer mentors to disciple people through the struggles of life.
Printed applications can be mailed to us at ATLAS, PO BOX 1511, Willmar, MN 56201, emailed to email@example.com, or they can be dropped off at ATLAS (504 19th Avenue SW, Willmar, MN 56201).
Some important qualities of a mentor include:
- You have a living, growing, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You have a working knowledge of the Bible and are able to speak about how God's Word relates to everyday life.
- You have a love for others and the ability to listen without judging.
- You spend regular time with God reading the Bible and in prayer.
Past life failures, mistakes, or struggles do not automatically disqualify you from being a mentor. Each of our life experiences can uniquely equip us to be able to help someone else go through similar situations. If you are unsure, give us a call at 320.441.2250 and we can discuss if mentoring is the right fit for you.
Come Make Disciples With Us!
Our mentoring workshops help you understand what it looks like to follow Jesus by helping others follow Jesus. We talk about the why and how of building relationships and walking alongside people on the road of life.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- What do we mean by "mentoring"?
- Why should we mentor?
- How do we prepare to mentor?
- Why do one-to-one mentoring?
- What do mentors do?
- Common pitfalls to avoid in mentoring.
- Qualities of faithful mentors
Our mentoring workshops are not specific to mentoring through ATLAS, although we do draw from our experiences at ATLAS throughout the workshop. Attending a workshop also does not commit you to mentoring through ATLAS. The workshops help prepare you to mentor anyone, whether it's through ATLAS or through any other relationship in your life.
If your church, small group, Bible study, Sunday School class, or other group would be interested in hosting a mentoring workshop, please contact us. We'd be happy to talk to you about how we can make that happen.